Chef de Partie
The Student Hotel, Amsterdam
- Amazing work place
- Great facilitys for you!!
- competitive salary!
What do we offer you?
- An amazing work place to come to every day where you will experience a great team environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy;
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation. We are a real game changer in the hospitality industry!
- TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym opportunities and regular cool events;
- Ready, set, grow! You will get the chance to learn and grow in your role (with the potential for growth within and across the company) and collaborate with other talented people who challenge you everyday. Besides all the above you will get a market competitive salary.
Biggest challenge and WHY do we need you?
You have a passion for cooking, you work with enthusiasm and energy and you like to take control of your work station. As Chef de Partie, you are a specialized cook, fully responsible for your area of expertise, whether it is the cold kitchen, warm kitchen or patisserie. In addition to your strong technical skills, you are a natural leader. You can motivate, stimulate and train your designated kitchen staff in a way that inspires a superior cooking process!
How do you contribute to this? How does a day at The Commons looks like?
- Ensure all resources are available to cooks to enable them to perform their tasks in a proper and timely manner;
- Proper communication to cooks of daily specials, menu changes and special (dietary) needs of guests;
- Act as a role model while taking part in service - preparing and cooking dishes, tidying and cleaning the partie;
- Monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins;
- Monitor incoming goods – such as supplies, ingredients and pre-fabricated foods;
- Monitor accurate execution of HACCP guidelines, fire safety policy and working conditions.
- Minimum of 1 year’s relevant work experience in a similar role at a similar level kitchen;
- HACCP certified;
- Strong knowledge of food products according to market standards;
- Excellent knowledge of modern cooking techniques.
Be part of The Commons!
Excited? We’d be thrilled if you would apply!
We are The Commons!
The Commons is the space within The Student Hotel that connects people from all walks of life, bringing students, travelers, freelancers, entrepreneurs and neighborhood locals together over the joy of food, drinks and discovering the other passions we have in common.
It is the every-bar/restaurant/café for everyone: laptop and coffee workspace for students, cocktail-bar for friends, lunch spot for business meetings, date night for lovers, and a casual group dining space for families of all kinds. It’s a place for drinks that lead to dinner that leads to who knows what…
How do we achieve this familiar and welcoming anything-can-happen social environment? With awesomely fun, smart and motivated team members who embrace the spirit and bring it to life.
We’re looking for people who love sharing and discovering new experiences, who easily connect with others, and who believe that laughter, just as much as fresh juices and salads, is an essential part of well-being and that variety, just as much as Sriracha and saffron, is the spice of life.